When you’re planning and booking your next yacht charter vacation, we thought it useful to highlight the 6 top reasons to use a yacht Charter Broker to help you do it safely and effortlessly.
Many first time charterers and even beginning charter-yacht owners do not fully understand the functions that we perform and this article will hopefully enlighten the uninitiated and reinforce the more experienced.
This is what we do and what we get paid for
1. We spend many hours researching boats and crews and new destinations and itineraries to explore. A good broker will have a vast knowledge and personal experience of these important details that will make your charter successful.
2. We attend multiple charter yacht industry shows all over the world, go aboard the yachts themselves, meet the crews, attend association meetings and seminars. We note changes to the boats and crews, check out any new added features and upgrades, re-fits to the boat’s decor like new carpets, new water-toys.
3. We apply this knowledge to recommend a selection of yachts that will match the criteria that you, as our customer, have given us. This knowledge also allows us to be completely unbiased when we recommend a yacht or a selection of yachts. Certainly more unbiased than the owners of the yachts..!! Our focus is to match you the client with the best boat regardless of which boat will make us more money.
4. We keep your funds secure. The amounts of money (many times in different currencies) that change hands are not insignificant. Good Charter Brokers only do business with owners and management companies they know to be reliable and with whom they have done business in the past. Funds are kept in Escrow and not paid to the yacht until about a week or so before the charter start date. This way everybody is kept honest. We can account for every penny you give us.
5. Yacht charter contracts are regulated by International Maritime Law and not by local jurisdiction. Charter Yacht Brokers have a thorough knowledge of the different contracts that are used in different parts of the world and are comfortable drawing up contracts for domestic and foreign flagged and foreign registered vessels If something goes wrong, we are well placed to assist you to resolve any issues that may come up during your charter.
6. We pay substantial dues to the different charter yacht brokers associations and are bound by their strict code of ethics. We also pay for expensive subscriptions to the different industry databases that list the specifications, crew profiles and availability of all charter-yachts worldwide. We do this to stay as current as is reasonably possible with any boat we are suggesting.
Charter Brokers are the “distributors” of the Charter Industry. Our added-value is our knowledge of the product, the destination and the security of your funds.
Working with a trusted broker will give you peace of mind that you will get what you paid for; your funds are secure; you have a paper trail; you are a phone call away from talking to us and you have someone who has your best interests at heart. You could say a “buyers” agent.
In today’s complex world we all should feel safe in our negotiations anywhere in the world. A trusted charter yacht broker will be an asset to your in your vacation. Yes we get paid but we work really hard for you the client.
Together, we can always make your yacht charter “The Best Vacation in the World”. Call us at (877) 759-8263 or contact us to book your next fabulous yacht charter.